What is Laptop Error Code 0xc00000f?
Any personal computer that runs on the Windows Vista operating system or any subsequent Windows operating system can throw an error with an error code 0xc00000f when turned on. The Laptop error code 0xc00000f is often accompanied by the error message on the screen while booting up, or the computer may not even boot at times and thus can cause considerable anxiety to their owners.
Why Does the Error with Error Code 0xc00000f Come Up?
- The error code 0xc00000f is related explicitly to anomalies in the boot sector of a windows computer.
- Windows Vista and later editions of the Windows OS like Windows 7 and 8.1, Windows 10, and 11 have a preconfigured utility known as Boot Configuration data that stores all boot applications and boot applications settings.
- BCD is one of the first processes to run whenever a windows machine is switched on, and if the BCD fails to run, the error will come up.
- This failure may be due to the BCD being corrupt or damaged or any system file integrity being compromised.
How to Fix the Error 0xc00000f on a Laptop?
Since the primary reason behind the cited error is the failure of BCD to be executed, there are the sub-reasons behind that as well. One can check upon the probable causes and get them fixed to resolve the error.
Power Cords and data cables:
- One can begin the most elementary steps by checking the power cords.
- Turn off the computer and then disconnect all the cords.
- Reconnect the cords and cables, and then turn on the computer to check if the error occurs again.
Check data cables, BIOS, and drivers:
- One can try to unplug HDD cables and then plug them back into the respective places.
- If one had made changes to the BIOS and the driver settings, the computer could be returned to the previous drivers and bios settings by the "Restore factory settings" in the BIOS.
- Write down all current BIOS settings before the reset in case they are required to be switched back to later.
Use startup repair to repair BOOTMGR:
Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, or 11 OS have a startup repair tool that can comprehensively scan and repair the windows system for damaged or missing files. This can be one of the easiest ways to replace any BCD file if it has gone corrupt or missing. One must get a Windows OS DVD specific to their own Windows version before attempting to run the startup repair manager.
To run Startup repair:
- Insert the Windows installation DVD into the CD-ROM drive, switch off the PC or laptop completely, and turn off the power source to the device.
- Power on the computer and press any key when the "Press any key to boot…" option comes up.
- Select the "Repair your computer" option on the bottom left corner of this window.
- Next, select the required language and keyboard settings, and the startup repair will start its scanning routine and look over all windows installations on the PC.
- The Startup Repair will attempt to repair if any bad files are found and will show a prompt for each successful repair.
- Once the process is complete, let the computer try to boot and check if the error has been resolved.
One can also attempt to rebuild the BCD manually or check the CHKDSK utility to fix Laptop error code 0xc00000f. However, it's recommended to be performed by a person with good familiarity with Windows OS, or instead, contact a computer technician to get their laptop to work.